From 2016 to 2020 I had the pleasure of supporting, enabling and growing a Developer Relations and Platform Experience team at Nexmo (acquired by Vonage). We grew a team from 3 people to 42 and the team continues to move from strength to strength following my departure. We built a diverse, collaborative, multi-functional, remote-first team spread from San Francisco to Singapore. A team that:
- Won the very first "Best Overall Developer Relations Programme Award" in 2018
- Won 5 awards for documentation across 2018 and 2019
- Raised awareness in targeted developer communities from 0% to 30%
- Increased monthly developer blog post traffic by over 200% and climbing
- Championed and executed on a new self-serve developer onboarding flow that saw the number of developers that experience our APIs increase by 200%
- …and so much more
Prior to joining Nexmo I was Head of Developer Relations at Pusher where I wrote documentation, built SDKs, handled support, met customers, frequently wrote articles and gave talks on Realtime Web Technologies and general Web technology.
I'm also the co-author of the APress for-beginners title "Realtime Web Apps".
I live near Dollar, Clackmannanshire in Scotland where I frequently work from MyGoffice.